Las Vegas Renn Faire

Wolfe

Combat Schedule

Postby Wolfe » Sat May 23, 2009 7:29 pm

The Combat Schedule for Renn Faire 09 is as follows.

9:45AM - 10AM Steel Armor Inspection
10AM - 10:40AM Steel Tournament
10:40AM - 12PM Steel Melees

11:45AM - 1PM Rapier Armor Inspection & Pick Up fights
1PM - 2PM Rapier Tournament
2PM - 5PM Rapier Melees
5PM - 5:30PM Rapier Bar Room Brawl

5:15PM - 5:30PM Shinai Armor Inspection
5:30PM - 6:30PM Shinai Melee
6:30PM - 7PM Shinai Tourney

This is the schedule for Friday and Saturday. Melees will be shortened Sunday to accommodate the shorter day.

The Bar Room Brawl setup will persist from the Rapier Brawl through to the end of dinner court in the part of the eric nearest court. Shinai melees will work around or with this set-up. We would like it if people could donate the use of fabric or proper table cloths to cover the straw bales during court as we intend to use the layout to provide a casual dining area during court times.

If there is interest, Torchlight Tournament will run from 9PM to 10PM.

There will be NO combat during the times of 7PM - 9PM as there will most likely be hand fasting and wedding ceremonies on display Friday and Saturday.
Honi Soit Qui Mal y Pense

Wolfe

Re: Las Vegas Renn Faire

Postby Wolfe » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:06 pm

Updates

Friday 7PM-9PM
Hand Fasting Ceremony - this will be attended by outsiders, attendance by our membership is not required

Saturday 7PM-9PM
Evening Court - this will be the only evening court of the Faire. Due to it's relatively short length, please speak to the herald as soon as possible if you have business you wish to make a part of it

---

The registration form specifically requests only 2 titles. To keep pagentry in tournaments easy and court running as quickly as possible, people will only be referred to by two titles. If you fill in more than 2 titles, I (the autocrat) will choose which two titles I will give for reference to the combatocrat and herald(s) and those will be the only titles used to announce you during the faire. The 2 titles you choose do not have to be formal titles outlined in the L.I. but can be your position in a sub-guild or order. i.e. First Mate Sammy Rye, Sloth of the Wild Panzy

As a note to to those who don't think they have titles but still want to participate in the pagentry, if you are a crown guard, lady in waiting, or page for the event, you may use that as a title. Master or Mistress also work as do non-knightly ranks in the three paths. i.e. Sergeant John Smith, Master of Arts or Seneschal Jane Doe, Lady in Waiting.

---

The Water Bearer manager position has been filled.
Last edited by Wolfe on Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wolfe

Postby Wolfe » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:41 pm

Kitchen Schedule:

Breakfast: 6:30 - 10:00
Lunch: 11:00-3:00
Dinner: 4:00 - 8:00
Dishes: 8:30 - Done

Wolfe

Postby Wolfe » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:37 pm

Outside Invitations for Faire

They will be having their 2nd annual Meat and Mead on Thursday October 8th, 2009 at the Coreathean encampment next to the field of honor. Please join us with your meat for the grill and libation to share from 7PM to 11PM. We will be sharing our Majestic Mead while unwinding from setup and winding up for a fun filled Age of Chivalry weekend. We look forward to seeing you all.

This year following the Saturday evening joust The Kingdom of Coreathea will be hosting a Masquerade Ball in the Field of Honor. All guilds are invited to join us for dancing, mingling, and beautiful photo opportunities.

The first portion of the Ball will be filled with scheduled performance of approximately 5 minutes each. We are hoping to find a variety of period entertainers and performers. If you are interested in sharing your talents with those attending, please contact info@kingdomofcoreathea.org for more information

Wolfe

Postby Wolfe » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:06 am

Registration form at http://www.ecs-imperial.org/regform09.xls

The kitchen registration form is separate from the Event registration form. If you do not plan on eating from the kitchen, you do not need to turn the kitchen registration form in.

You can e-mail the form to: nineofnine at hotmail.com
Please put ECS in the title so my junk filter doesn't grab it.

You can mail the form to:
Wolfe
P.O. Box 97132
Las Vegas, NV 89193

Paul de Marseilles

Postby Paul de Marseilles » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:03 pm

A few quick questions . . . .
1. The registration form pops up as a "read only" form which does not appear to allow me to type in the information.
Is there any way to get one that will allow us to type in the information so we can forward it?
2. How much is the "buy in" for the kitchen, when is the money due, and who do we turn the money over to?
3. Do we have an autocrat for Junior Jousting and related children activities? (I would like to volunteer to help)
4. Are there already sign ups for marshaling combat at Renn Faire and, if so, who do we contact? (a few of us would like to volunteer to help)
5. Is there a need for field heralding in terms of announcing upcoming Courts and related activities to the camp and if so, who has the sign ups? (I would like to volunteer to help)
6. Do we have a captain of the guard and if so, who? (a few of us are interested in helping)
7. Is there an autocrat for set up and tear down for Renn Faire?
Many thanks.

In Service,

Paul de Marseilles
Baron Sir Paul de Marseilles, KP, KBn, LoE

Sir Rabbit

Postby Sir Rabbit » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:01 pm

On any of the days, will there be time alloted for a full Pagentry of a Tourney, such that we had a 'trial' run of last year? I know there are a few whom have been looking forward to it...
Sir Richard 'The Rabbit' Kirk - KC

Wolfe

Postby Wolfe » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:10 am

Sir Paul - to answer your questions:

1. The hosting company auto locked the file to read only. I have now changed the permissions and if you re-download it, it is now editable.
2. The kitchen fees (with approval from estates) are as follows:
Kids under 6 - no charge with paid parent
Kids 6-12 - $2 per meal, $10 for whole weekend
People 13 and up - $3 per meal, $20 for whole weekend
3. As yet, no one has volunteered to run Junior Jousting.
4. The sign up for marshalling is on the reg form.
5. There is always a need for field heralding but that almost always ends up an organic thing, and not a proper volunteer position and so I am leaving it as such.
6. I do not have a Captain of the Gate Guard as yet, although I have had interest expressed.
7. There is no subautocrat for setup and tear down as it usually falls to the landocrat and the regalia officer.

Sir Rabbit - to answer your question:
There is no time officially alloted for a full Pagentry Tournament. All tournaments will have the pagentry aspect of having all fighters announced by the two titles they choose for themselves (see previous posts) when they are to fight or on deck, and their personal arms shields or that of their territory/house/whatever (see first post) on display while they fight.

Wolfe

Postby Wolfe » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:29 am

Updates

For those interested, there is an Elizabethan Tea tentatively scheduled for Saturday around 1PM. This is scheduled due to interest, but there is no one currently organizing the practical aspects of providing tea set and tea supplies. The time is what it is to complement the Rapier tournament that day and will be in an area that allows mundanes to sit in the immediate vicinity. I highly encourage those attending to invite mundanes to sit in the available area and engage them in conversation. The rapier tournament going on is a great talking point and you can say it is for the benefit of entertaining those of you at Tea. I will talk to the marshalls to have them have the fighters salute the Tea area before each fight. Those attending the Tea who have fighters on the field during the tournament might also want to consider arranging with your fighter to have them come over to you when they are "on deck" and get a favour from you.

Valdis

Postby Valdis » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:46 pm

I can help organize the Elizabethan Tea.

Return to “Upcoming Events”