Las Vegas Renn Faire

Wolfe

Las Vegas Renn Faire

Postby Wolfe » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:40 am

Yes, this is extremely early, but there is a reason. This will be crossposted on the Galandor and Vega Kingdom Boards.

As some of you know, I am the autocrat for our group in the upcoming LV Renaissance Festival. There are a few things that I'm looking to change/revive and want to give everyone sufficient notice.

1. I am looking for someone outside of the territory of Cithara to manage water bearing. There is little to no prior preperation needed, an e-mail address and ability to read excel files is.

2. Due to the security issues of last year, I am creating a position for this year's faire of Captain of the Guard. This person will basically be in charge of organizing Gate Guards and ensuring that there is always one at each gate and they actually check for favours. If we have enough people volunteering for Gate Guards, I will also be posting front guards whose job it will be to stand at the entrance points to our encampment, look pretty, and keep an eye out for our stuff to see if it is walking away with someone other than its rightful owner. This is especially important as we will be hosting a hand-fasting ceremony and a high court wedding, one or both of which will have outside people lingering in our front space (they will be marked in some way for us to recognize them). As this too requires little to no prior preparation, I am opening this position up to everyone. I do ask that anyone who volunteers be at least 18 years of age and has been to a LV Renn Faire before and they must have an e-mail address and ability to read excel files.

3. To add to the pagentry, we are hoping to have a shield peg board. This will hold shields that have been painted with the arms of kingdoms, territories, estates, and individuals. It is my understanding that a number of shields were already painted, so please start looking for them. For those territories, estates, and individuals who know you do not have painted shields, I will be posting the shield blank dimensions as soon as I get a hold of one of the old shield blanks. These shields will be used during tournaments and on display at Courts held during open hours. Territories are encouraged to have two shields with their arms for use during tournaments.

4. We are encouraging all kingdoms and territories to have two crown guard for any crowns that will be present at LV Renn Faire. I don't care who they are or if they are chosen 5 minutes before court, but the key thing is that we would like all crown guards to be wearing their respective territory or kingdom tabard while they are actively a guard. I am giving this notice now as this may require the making of the tabards by some territories.

5. I would like each crown to have a Lady in Waiting or Page and would like these individuals to be pulled from our teenaged members of the population to give them something to do other than Gate Guard for those of them that don't fight or do active display arts. Given the cliche about teenagers and rebellion has some basis in fact, the notice is going out now so parents and crowns have sufficient time to convince their teenagers to "volunteer". Also, for those crowns who would like their Ladies in Waiting or Pages marked in some way, there is sufficient time to make the favour/garb.

If you have any questions, please post them in the Imperial thread and I will try to answer them in a timely matter.
Honi Soit Qui Mal y Pense

HRM Sanguinius

Re: Las Vegas Renn Faire

Postby HRM Sanguinius » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:42 am

Do you know who will be hosting combat at Ren Fair?

Wolfe

Postby Wolfe » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:58 am

Barring any changes due to mundane concerns my sub-autocrats at this time are:

Arts - Meganna Vite
Combat - Law Leader Full Dan
Kitchen - Lady Dame Cozette McMahon
Land - Baron Sir Roland Caprichoso
Troll - Lord Rowan Blackwood

Gaelen

Postby Gaelen » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:23 am

Would you be so kind as to provide email addresses or some way to contact these individuals other than this forum.

Thank you,

King Gaelen
Earl Sir Gaelen O'Flaharty, Esquire
    Imperial Webmaster
    Knight Champion
    Knight Minister
    Member of the Order of St Michael

webmaster
Site Admin

Postby webmaster » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:56 am

I'll have to ask them for permission to post their info.
Earl Sir Gaelen O'Flaharty, Esquire
Knight Champion
Imperial Webmaster

Wolfe

Postby Wolfe » Fri May 15, 2009 12:37 pm

1st draft of the Combat Schedule for all three days will be posted soon. But there are a few things we'd like feedback on to see if we need to shift things around to accomodate them.

It has been proposed that there be a Ladies of Grace shinai tourney.
This tourney would feature ladies in high court garb fighting a basic shinai tourney. For those males who may wish to participate, you must be dressed in women's high court garb. We have two women who have expressed an interest in this and we need at minimum six to hold the tournament. If you are interested in participating, please let me know in this thread so we can work it into the schedule.

For the time of 9PM-10PM, we are thinking of holding a Torchlight Tournament to fill in the last bit of time before the park closes at night. If you are interested in fighting in this, please let us know so we can note it in the schedule.

Sir Ian Michael Pact

Postby Sir Ian Michael Pact » Fri May 15, 2009 3:02 pm

I'll have to see if I can borrow some garb from my wife, (and maybe some oranges,a la Madmartigan) but it sounds like fun.
His Grace,
Sir Ian Michael Pact
Earl of the Court of Vega

Valdis

Postby Valdis » Fri May 15, 2009 3:12 pm

I have a question on the Ladies of Grace tourney... "High Court Garb" is pretty broad, and may provide an unfair advantage for those of us with court garb that's a bit more... flexible (hey, I didn't pick Viking because it didn't have corsets and hoops and and and, but it IS a nice benefit!). Is there a limitation for era, etc?

Wolfe

Postby Wolfe » Sun May 17, 2009 4:05 pm

I have no idea if there's a limitation for era. I'll pose the question to the lady who suggested the idea.

Wolfe

Postby Wolfe » Sat May 23, 2009 7:11 pm

There is no real limitation by era for the Ladies of Grace Tournament, but there is a need for hoop skirts of some sort or something equally cumbersome to even the playing field.

The combatocrat has requested that, as much as possible, squads exist for melee battles with a banner to represent them. This is to contribute to the pagentry of our fights. Squads can be 4 - 8 fighters, banners can be as simple or as complex as squads wish. While a squad is fighting in a melee, their banner will fly. Again, this is not mandatory, but we would like to see a few squads on the field.

Combat schedule will be in the following post.

Return to “Upcoming Events”