Yes, this is extremely early, but there is a reason. This will be crossposted on the Galandor and Vega Kingdom Boards.
As some of you know, I am the autocrat for our group in the upcoming LV Renaissance Festival. There are a few things that I'm looking to change/revive and want to give everyone sufficient notice.
1. I am looking for someone outside of the territory of Cithara to manage water bearing. There is little to no prior preperation needed, an e-mail address and ability to read excel files is.
2. Due to the security issues of last year, I am creating a position for this year's faire of Captain of the Guard. This person will basically be in charge of organizing Gate Guards and ensuring that there is always one at each gate and they actually check for favours. If we have enough people volunteering for Gate Guards, I will also be posting front guards whose job it will be to stand at the entrance points to our encampment, look pretty, and keep an eye out for our stuff to see if it is walking away with someone other than its rightful owner. This is especially important as we will be hosting a hand-fasting ceremony and a high court wedding, one or both of which will have outside people lingering in our front space (they will be marked in some way for us to recognize them). As this too requires little to no prior preparation, I am opening this position up to everyone. I do ask that anyone who volunteers be at least 18 years of age and has been to a LV Renn Faire before and they must have an e-mail address and ability to read excel files.
3. To add to the pagentry, we are hoping to have a shield peg board. This will hold shields that have been painted with the arms of kingdoms, territories, estates, and individuals. It is my understanding that a number of shields were already painted, so please start looking for them. For those territories, estates, and individuals who know you do not have painted shields, I will be posting the shield blank dimensions as soon as I get a hold of one of the old shield blanks. These shields will be used during tournaments and on display at Courts held during open hours. Territories are encouraged to have two shields with their arms for use during tournaments.
4. We are encouraging all kingdoms and territories to have two crown guard for any crowns that will be present at LV Renn Faire. I don't care who they are or if they are chosen 5 minutes before court, but the key thing is that we would like all crown guards to be wearing their respective territory or kingdom tabard while they are actively a guard. I am giving this notice now as this may require the making of the tabards by some territories.
5. I would like each crown to have a Lady in Waiting or Page and would like these individuals to be pulled from our teenaged members of the population to give them something to do other than Gate Guard for those of them that don't fight or do active display arts. Given the cliche about teenagers and rebellion has some basis in fact, the notice is going out now so parents and crowns have sufficient time to convince their teenagers to "volunteer". Also, for those crowns who would like their Ladies in Waiting or Pages marked in some way, there is sufficient time to make the favour/garb.
If you have any questions, please post them in the Imperial thread and I will try to answer them in a timely matter.
Honi Soit Qui Mal y Pense