Banner War Competition

Mynwyn

Banner War Competition

Postby Mynwyn » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:14 pm

Banner War is coming! I know, with the holidays, it seems so far away, but Banner War will be upon us in only 5 months. Plenty of time to make yourself a banner to hang. As Galandor's Sovereign of Arms, I am holding a competition. It's called Banner War for a reason.

The rules are simple- each household (Galandor and Vegan) is eligible for competition, as long as they display a house banner. I will then count up how many personal banners that house displays, and figure out the percentage of banners per actual house members. Remember that the grace period will still be in effect, so anyone who was a house member in 2008-2009 will count. These need to be banners large enough to be seen from a distance- not rope pennants. Also, I'm not accepting paper, so don't even think about it. (Have some pride.) Multiples of the same device still count as only one. Any disputes will be resolved by the Queen Fleur of Arms (me).

The prize will be not only bragging rights for the entire year, but also cobbler.

In service to the Dream,
Lady Dame Lorelei von Bremerhaven
Queen Fleur of Arms

webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Banner War Competition

Postby webmaster » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:29 pm

So, it's a competition for houses to display as many house and member banners as possible?

What type of cobbler?
Earl Sir Gaelen O'Flaharty, Esquire
Knight Champion
Imperial Webmaster

Mynwyn

Postby Mynwyn » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:06 am

That's right. As for the type of cobbler, that's negotiable. If we get a reasonable consensus on what people would like, we can bring a couple of choices.

Myn

Paul de Marseilles

Postby Paul de Marseilles » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:58 pm

My Lady,

Can Orders and/or Guilds participate in this competition in addition to houses?
Baron Sir Paul de Marseilles, KP, KBn, LoE

Mynwyn

Postby Mynwyn » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:27 pm

I believe it's houses only, because house members overlap with Orders and Guilds. I suppose that if all members of the Order or Guild decided to compete as one and not part of their individual houses that might be ok. I'll run it past Lorelei and find out for sure.

Myn

CLD Chimera

Postby CLD Chimera » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:04 pm

What about Territories? One of my members was asking.

In Service,
CLD Chimera the Cleric, Knight Premier...and all them other titles!

Lark

Postby Lark » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:22 am

I spoke with Lorelei and she says that for this year it's houses only. Since this is the first time she's trying this, she doesn't want to over complicate things. Maybe next year.
Feudalism: It's your Count that votes.

Return to “Upcoming Events”