Upcoming Meeting of the Imperial Estates

webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming Meeting of the Imperial Estates

Postby webmaster » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:46 pm

The proposed minutes and proposed LI are now posted in the Imperial Archives section.

I have yet to receive a copy of the approved version, but they will be posted when I receive them.
Earl Sir Gaelen O'Flaharty, Esquire
Knight Champion
Imperial Webmaster

Gerrit Kendel

Postby Gerrit Kendel » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:18 pm

My Lords and Ladies of the Empire,

The proposed minutes of the Imperial Estates Meeting that have been posted on the website have been approved by the Board of Directors. Thus, the posted Minutes and updated Legis Imperium are now official.

Thank you.
Viscount Sir Gerrit Kendel, KC, KMn, KA
Companion to the Order of Knight Minister
Order of the Sword of Theseus
Order of the Sovereign's Gratitude
Order of the Rising Sun
Member of The Order of Saint Michael

webmaster
Site Admin

Postby webmaster » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:38 pm

This is probably going to sound a bit rude, but I'm not the flowery verse type and can't think of any better way of putting it.

I finally had a chance to read through the minutes and it has become patently clear that no one actually bothered to read anything I proposed and instead what was voted on was my *report*.

The contingency for the manual has absolutely nothing to do with the manual. It has to do with the final item on my report. Which was in no way part of the manual, it was specifically left out of the manual. The whole "personal information" item in the manual was about making the various webministers provide *to the imperial officer* the information that is required by the warranted deputy form in the Manual of Ministry.

The second agenda item wasn't even mentioned.

I know these were probably throw away items in the face of the other, more debated agenda items, but they were still on the agenda and someone should have bothered to read them.
Knight Champion
Imperial Webmaster

Mynwyn

Postby Mynwyn » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:36 am

The manual was discussed. Some had issues with the manual itself, not the report. The problem with requiring every deputy to supply the Imperial Web Minister with all the login codes and other information is that this allows access to personal information in some instances. Some people are directly paying for their website and if login info was provided to the Imperial Minister, this person could (not saying they would) take that info (i.e., the individuals account number) and use that to defraud the deputy, take their identity or any number of other things.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I wasn't around for the officer reports. I can guarantee you we talked about the manual because I remember web business, but I wasn't there for the report. The manual is adopted, it just won't go into effect until deputy's personal banking info can be removed--the Imperial Exchequer is already working on this--just to insure the safety of that info.

I also can assure you that I read the manual. Can't guarantee anyone else did.

Myn

Gerrit Kendel

Postby Gerrit Kendel » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:39 am

If my memory is correct, no one had any issues with the manual itself. The issue that arose was handling the personal information, such as payment information if a Territory Website has been paid by an individual. If a Territory did this, they felt it was wrong to hand over receipts for the purchase since it had their credit card info on it. This issue was discussed at the time of your item, and since it was brought up at that time, it was voted on my the Estates. The solution was Imperial would pay for all official web sites.

I hope I cleared this up a little. Maybe watered down mud instead of a thick puddle? :)
Viscount Sir Gerrit Kendel, KC, KMn, KA
Companion to the Order of Knight Minister
Order of the Sword of Theseus
Order of the Sovereign's Gratitude
Order of the Rising Sun
Member of The Order of Saint Michael

webmaster
Site Admin

Postby webmaster » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:48 am

That clears up the first item somewhat, but not the second, which, again, seems to have been completely skipped. As to the whole personal information thing, I can see the concern, but having run websites for employers, organizations, and consulting clients, any hosting company worth it's salt doesn't store and/or display that information anyways. But, as long as I get the information now required by the approved manual WITHIN 30 days of the debit card being received and made available, I'm good.
Knight Champion
Imperial Webmaster

Return to “Imperial Estates”