Knightly Lists and Tournaments

Gaelen

Knightly Lists and Tournaments

Postby Gaelen » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:19 pm

A question of clarification has arisen once again on how many Knightly Lists one can earn on a given day and their tie to which tournament form one requests their points from.

Historically this has been 1 list per day and if you selescted points from a particular tournament, you only get the list from the form you selected.

I remember several Imperial Estate meeting which this topic came up about reducing the cap of the Knightly lists, but I do not see it documented anywhere in the LI. I only seem to be able to find the clauses on Combat points where it states 10 points are earned for first place, a combatant can only earn points for either rapier or steel in one day, and a Knightly list is a victory in a tournament determined by beating one Knight.

Did we change this correctly and we need to clarify it better, or did a clause get mistakingly struck from the LI?
Last edited by Gaelen on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Earl Sir Gaelen O'Flaharty, Esquire
    Imperial Webmaster
    Knight Champion
    Knight Minister
    Member of the Order of St Michael

lassidor

Re: KNightly Lists and Tournaments

Postby lassidor » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:45 pm

from legis imperium 16 (taken from site)

section VI.B.6. Combatants may gain points from only one tournament that they participate in any
given day, and the choice will either be made before the tournament begins or default
to the highest form fought in order of Shinai to Rapier to Steel (lowest to highest).
a. Only when a Shinai tournament is the only official list available may points
for a Shinai tournament be earned by Sergeants or higher.

Since knightly lists are part of "points", they are tied to the same restriction and must be the same tourney as regular points or you'd be gaining points from multiple tournaments. This is a pet peeve of mine and I have tried unsuccessfully to change it 4-5 times over the years.
Duke Sir Lassidor Vandolini, KC, BOD treasurer, Imperial Exchequer, Defiance member, BoC of the Kingdom of Vega

Roger

Re: KNightly Lists and Tournaments

Postby Roger » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:36 pm

If there were two tournaments in the same day in the same form, you could get two knightly lists. If you win one in steel and one in rapier, you would default to your steel points unless you choose rapier - either way you only get one KL.
Roger Hayse
Governor, Puerto San Vladimir
Kingdom of Vega, Minister of Rolls & Lists

SeamusOg

Re: Knightly Lists and Tournaments

Postby SeamusOg » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:40 pm

1 per day is fine the longer the better is my opinion.
Og
Last of the Founding Fathers of Vega
KC
me happy me hit you with stick

Return to “General Discussion”