What is an Imperial Project?

Gerrit Kendel

What is an Imperial Project?

Postby Gerrit Kendel » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:48 pm

Greetings All!!

I have been doing some light reading in the manuals, and I noticed that Imperial Projects are listed as their own type of ministry project. What separates it from another ministry projects? Are there special rulings and judging for them? Are they viewed differently then ministry projects?

Just curious.
Viscount Sir Gerrit Kendel, KC, KMn, KA
Companion to the Order of Knight Minister
Order of the Sword of Theseus
Order of the Sovereign's Gratitude
Order of the Rising Sun
Member of The Order of Saint Michael

HRM Sanguinius

Re: What is an Imperial Project?

Postby HRM Sanguinius » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:45 pm

An Imperial Project would be one that benefits the Empire as a whole. Unlike basic projects that are judged by three judges, it's judged by the Imperial Estates.

The last one I can remember was Sir Thomas' creation of numerous Imperial forms. Currently HRM Mina is working on one involving the creation of an Imperial Database.

Hope this answers your question.

Edit: Now that I think of it, last year many MPs were given to various BoD members and Imperial Estates members for their service to the organization.

Valdis

Postby Valdis » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:40 am

My understanding is that Imperial Projects include Imperial level offices (BoD & Imperial Minister positions - sovereigns are judged within their kingdoms), Imperial Manuals, and other projects that benefit the Empire as a whole (such as Sir Thomas' aforementioned project)

Gerrit Kendel

Postby Gerrit Kendel » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:37 am

Is there a reason they are not held in a higher regard? Meaning, there is no set award level for Imperial MP's that I can see. Why would at least 1 not be required for attaining 3rd level or the like?

I am just trying to understand the different type of project without there being a different type of recognition.
Viscount Sir Gerrit Kendel, KC, KMn, KA
Companion to the Order of Knight Minister
Order of the Sword of Theseus
Order of the Sovereign's Gratitude
Order of the Rising Sun
Member of The Order of Saint Michael

Valdis

Postby Valdis » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:57 pm

I believe the distinction for Imperial level projects was added to clarify the judging process, not as a reflection of level of effort.

Return to “General Discussion”