Imperial Site Items - Please Read

webmaster
Site Admin

Imperial Site Items - Please Read

Postby webmaster » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:25 pm

There are a few items relating to the Imperial website that I would like to address.

1. Now that the Recommended Publications section of the library has some items listed (thank you to LS Paul and LD Kathryn), one of the ideas I had put forth back when is up for consideration. One of the things I thought of was using the recommended publications section as a possible way of generating some small bit of income for the club via the Amazon Associates program. Inforamation is available on the Amazon page (scroll to the bottom and click on the Amazon Associates link). I would like people to weigh in as to whether or not I should go forward with applying for the program.

2. To Imperial Peers and Imperial Estates vote holders: As you sign up for the webforum, please IM me to confirm who you are and so I can get you properly situated on the forums. Also, to whomever has the most current list of Imperial Peers and Imperial Estates vote holders, I need a copy.

3. To the residents of Texas: I am currently pursuing a matter relating to the Ostgard site. As it is my understanding, from the discussion on the boards here, there is only one(soon to be two) paid member in the territory covered by Ostgard. Until I can finish the matter relating to the Ostgard site, if you would like, I can set-up a temporary site branched off from the Imperial site. It will be very basic, but I will be able to regularly update it with practice and contact information that you provide. Let me know if you would like this and I will begin work on it.
Earl Sir Gaelen O'Flaharty, Esquire
Knight Champion
Imperial Webmaster

SeamusOg

Re: Imperial Site Items - Please Read

Postby SeamusOg » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:32 pm

That would be very nice of you and a big help.

I am going to set a yahoo group but having a public neutral site/board is very welcome in my book.

Thank you

Seamus Og
me happy me hit you with stick

webmaster
Site Admin

Postby webmaster » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:26 pm

OK, the temporary Ostgard site is at http://ostgard.ecs-imperial.org/

Anything you need added, e-mail to webmaster at ecs-imperial.org
Knight Champion
Imperial Webmaster

SeamusOg

Postby SeamusOg » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:45 pm

please add Sir Joseph Ohanlon ohanlon1550@yahoo.com. for Sherman area practice

For Plano,Allen, Garland and Richardson area please contact Seamus Og but wait for 1 week for that for my membership to be confirmed then post it. seamusog@hotmail.com please put ECS in subject line.

I don't think we need a board yet but in time. Great start ..thank you very much.

Og
me happy me hit you with stick

webmaster
Site Admin

Postby webmaster » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:16 pm

Bump.

Now that there is an Imperial Estates being planned, it is imperative that everyone involved read and follow item #2 in the initial post.

Also, thank you to LS Paul for a list of peers and estates holders.

Just to let everyone know, my computer died and took my hard drives with it. I do have most of the Imperial stuff backed up and a new computer, but Imperial website related matters will be a little slow for a while.
Knight Champion
Imperial Webmaster

webmaster
Site Admin

Postby webmaster » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:25 am

Just a note to website users. I have received several requests to post documents. Please keep in mind that:

1. This is the Imperial site, Kingdom level documents will not be posted. Please contact your kingom level webmaster for kingdom level documents.

2. If there is an official Imperial form that you can't find on the Imperial site, I don't have a copy of it. Please don't send me a note assuming I have the document and just didn't feel like putting it up. If you want to see it posted and you have a copy, send me the document when you send your request that I post it.

Thank you.
Knight Champion
Imperial Webmaster

webmaster
Site Admin

Postby webmaster » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:42 pm

ATTENTION!!!

The domain was expiring at our old domain management company and I have started proceedings to transfer the domain to our hosting company. This means that sometime in the next 24 hours, the website may "disappear" while the transfer occurs. Any outage should be brief and temporary.
Knight Champion
Imperial Webmaster

Paul de Marseilles

Postby Paul de Marseilles » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:09 am

Quick question, is the issue with our old domain company a matter of a monetary expiration or due to other issues?
If monetary, what do you need to ensure the continued operations of this website?
Please e-mail or u to u me.
Many thanks.
Baron Sir Paul de Marseilles, KP, KBn, LoE

webmaster
Site Admin

Postby webmaster » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:10 am

There was no real issue with our old domain hosting company. It's partially for cost, our old domain hosting company cost anywhere from $19.99 to $34.99 a year depending on how many years you signed up for. To have the domain through our hosting company costs only $12.95 a year. It's partially so I only have to maintain one account, and remember one set of logins, rather than hopping between the two.
Knight Champion
Imperial Webmaster

Gaelen

Postby Gaelen » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:26 pm

My Lord Paul,

This was one of the topics I brought up last year. Currently the site is Hosted by Network Solutions. Its lease was up before we had decided to officially move the site. Now that that lease is up again, we have the opportunity to change it to being maintained directly by the host, therfore only have to pay attention to one account with one company as Wolfe is mentioning. Plus it saves us some money.
    Imperial Webmaster
    Knight Champion
    Knight Minister
    Member of the Order of St Michael

Return to “General Discussion”