Imperial Estates Proposals-Pray Attend!

Paul de Marseilles

Imperial Estates Proposals-Pray Attend!

Postby Paul de Marseilles » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:28 am

Greetings,

I have been asked by the Secretary of the Board of Directors to post the proposals for the upcoming Imperial Estates meeting. The Agenda will be published in the near future.

Imperial Proposal #1:

I Sir Vladimir Tolos ask for my Knight Champion rank back.

Proposer: Earl Sir Vladimir Tolos

Imperial Proposal #2:
Proposal: Change section IV, D of the L.I., Minister of Rolls
-Change II, C, 1, i. as follows
Receive an Official Membership Card issued by the Imperial Rolls Officer member’s Kingdom Rolls Officer; and,
-Strike IV, D, 1, b.
-Add the following within section IV, D, 2. and renumber as needed.
The Kingdom officer shall issue Membership Numbers and Cards.
Reasoning: As a member within Galandor, I have noticed that the reporting of rolls, membership status and the receiving of membership dues and cards is one of the more “dirty” processes that are currently in place. I strongly feel, and at no fault of individuals, that this process needs to be changed in order to fit the organization as it is today. As our world has grown more technologically sound and organized, it no longer makes sense for all of the membership responsibilities to reside in one location. I feel that it should be the Kingdom Rolls Officer’s responsibility to assign membership numbers and hand out the membership cards. This will help reduce the time that it takes for a member to send in their payment and then receive their number and card. In the eyes of a brand new member, we do not want to discourage them by this process taking months to complete. They want to know they are joining an organization that supports and encourages them to get active right away. I personally know members that have not received their membership cards in at least 3 years. Additionally, as the rolls officer, I have a whole list of members that have no membership number but have been members for several years. Pushing these duties to the Kingdom level, I feel, will drastically help this situation.
Proposer: Viscount Sir Gerrit Kendel, KMn, KB,

Imperial Proposal No. 3:
Proposal: Item 2: Strike section IX, I. and replace with the following:

Original Policy I. Effective immediately, all membership dues are to be paid directly to the Imperial Exchequer P.O. Box. It will be the responsibility of the Imperial Exchequer to update the address section on the membership form and to send it to all appropriate officers. On a weekly basis, the Imperial Exchequer will process all memberships received and will transfer the original signed copy of the membership form to the Imperial Rolls Officer, keeping a photocopy of the form on file for the Imperial Exchequer's office. The Imperial Rolls Officer will then, on a monthly basis, update the rolls information and send out Imperial membership cards directly to the members. It is the responsibility of the Imperial Rolls Officer to provide updated information to the Territorial Rolls Officer on Chroniclers on a monthly basis. This can be done by either sending out mailing labels to each, or the information can be transmitted electronically, and it will be their responsibility to update their files. Approved by the Board of Directors on 2/1/98. Amended and Approved by the Imperial Estates in November of 2007.

Proposed Policy I. All membership dues are to be paid directly to the Imperial Exchequer by either the published P.O. Box or through the Imperial Website via Paypal. It will be the responsibility of the Imperial Exchequer to update the address section on the membership form and to send it to all appropriate officers, including the Imperial Web Minister. Additionally, it is the Imperial Exchequer’s responsibility to maintain the Imperial Paypal account. When a member pays for, or renews their membership, via the Paypal option on the Imperial Website, the Paypal account should be set so that the receipt of payment is sent to the Imperial Exchequer and each Kingdom Rolls Officer. On a weekly basis, the Imperial Exchequer will process all memberships received and will transfer the original signed copy of the membership form to the Imperial Rolls Officer, keeping a copy of the form on file for the Imperial Exchequer’s office. The Imperial Rolls Officer will then, on a monthly basis, update the rolls information and send out updates to all Kingdom Rolls Officers.

Reasoning: Some of this wording is changed simply to update the policy to include our online payment method. Additionally, there is currently a disconnect between Imperial and Kingdom Rolls. When a member pays their membership it has the possibility of taking months to get this information. This is a huge detriment to the reporting of a member’s points if they are “not a paid member” when in reality they could be. Including the Kingdom Rolls Officers on the email from Paypal stating when someone has paid their membership completely removes this bottleneck, saving both Imperial and Kingdom Rolls Officers time. As the Galandor Rolls Officer this past year, and in past years, finding out if a member is paid when it comes to renewal time is always a pain. Placing the Kingdom Rolls Officers on the email that is automatically generated by the Paypal system and sent to the Imperial Exchequer would save so much time and heart ache.
Proposer: Viscount Sir Gerrit Kendel, KMn, KB, KA

Imperial Proposal No. 4:
Proposal: Correct Imperial Policy R.
According to Imperial Policy Y, the Kingdom of Ostgard’s lifetime statehood was revoked. Please correct Policy R to fall in line with this.
Proposer: Viscount Sir Gerrit Kendel, KMn, KB, KA

Imperial Proposal No. 5:
Proposal: Strike Imperial Policy Z
Reasoning: This item is no longer valid. Additionally, the Kingdom of Galandor in its current state does not agree with this policy any longer and will follow the membership requires set within the L.I.
Submitted by Viscount Sir Gerrit Kendel, KMn, KB, KA

Imperial Proposal No. 6:
Please verify Imperial Policy AA
Rationale: I do not believe there is currently a P.O. Box being kept within the state of Arizona. Please verify. Galandor will be happy to help if one still needs to exist.

Imperial Proposal No. 7:
Add to the L.I. and/or IMOC where necessary the following:

Missile Combat
1. No missile weapon may be gleaned from the combat field. In order for a missile to be re-fired it must first be inspected by a marshal. It is encouraged, should the field scenario allow for it, for a hold to be called during combat so that marshals may collect, inspect, and redistribute missiles. In period combat there would be an almost never ending supply of these weapons as reserves would be gleaning from the field or making new.
2. Javelins, as they are hand-thrown weapons, move slower than arrows. As such, they may be struck out of the air or deflected with other weapons. Any scenario where these weapons are actually simulating siege weapons, this rule is exempt.
Armoured Combat
1. Armor Requirements
i. Shoulder Protection- Overlapping with the upper arm protection coming up and landing no less than 2 inches above the point of the shoulder should be covered by a minimum of heavy leather (8-10 oz) or pre-approved equivalent.
ii. Shin Protection- The point where top of foot bends and meets the shin up to the bottom of the knee must be covered by a minimum of heavy leather (8-10 oz) or pre-approved equivalent.

Reasoning: These are items that Galandor found to either be missing in the IMOC, or felt strongly enough to make these part of our armor requirements. Galandor has been following these rules for a few years should you have any questions from the fighters there.

Imperial Proposal No. 8:
Add the following to the Imperial Manual of Archery where appropriate and numbered as appropriate.
"Ranks (Definition)/Sumptuary
Ranks are received by meeting the defined criteria. It is possible to skip ranks if the qualifying scores are achieved.
1. Novice: 3 consecutive scoring rounds (Archer in training)
2. Archer: 3 consecutive scores of 26 – 45 (Commoner called into arms by their Liege. Could only afford, or was only provided, bow)
a. Awarded the Kingdom Archery Badge with a Black tassel
b. Kingdom Archery Badge is a crafted round badge to be worn on the belt or somewhere fitting of the individual archer. The Badge is blazoned with a crossed set of gold arrows with Fluer de lis tips over a white field.
3. Marksman: 3 consecutive scores of 46 – 65 (Royal archers of the “Palace Guard”; an elite group of troops chosen to guard their Liege’s land)
a. Awarded a White tassel to be placed on the Kingdom Archery Badge
4. Bowman: 3 consecutive scores of 66 – 88 (Skilled marksmen chosen to join the highest ranks of archers on the field of battle)
a. Awarded a Gold tassel to be placed on the Kingdom Archery Badge
5. Master Bowman: 3 consecutive scores of 86 – 105 (Grand marshal of all archery troops; teaches and instructs all matters of archery within the land decisions)
a. Awarded a Kingdom Master Bowman Badge to replace the Kingdom Archery Badge
b. Kingdom Bowman Badge is a crafted round badge to be worn on the belt or somewhere fitting of the individual archer. The Badge is emblazed with a crossed set of blue arrows with Fluer de lis tips over a gold field.
6. Bowman Elite: 3 consecutive scores of 106 – 120 (Elite Bowman of the land. Personally guards their Liege; assists their Liege in tactical decisions)
a. Awarded three tassels, each containing colors of black, white and gold, to replace the three tassels of previous ranks.
Authorized Ranking Rounds
1. To achieve ranking within archery, a member must participate in an official Royal Round. A Royal Round consists of the following:
a. 6 arrows at 40 yards
b. 6 arrows at 30 yards
c. 6 arrows at 20 yards
d. speed round at 20 yards; firing as many arrows as safely able
2. A member may only gain 1 score per day of an event. If multiple Royal Rounds are completed in a single day, the archer will only keep the highest scoring round.
3. All scores will be collected and kept by the Territory Archery Captain who will report to the Kingdom Rolls Officer. Please note that there is currently no official point system for Archery within the ECS. Until that time, all scores and ranks will be kept locally in an “unofficial” manner.
Speed Rounds
1. In a speed round, an archer has 30 seconds to fire as many arrows as they safely are able.
2. There must be 1 marshal who will be the time keeper and watch the line.
3. The marshal will instruct the archers to take the line once it is safe to do so. Each archer may nock an arrow but not fire until the time begins.
4. To begin, the marshal will perform a 5 second countdown and instruct the archers to begin. This is done in the fashion of “Archers ready, in 5..4..3..2..1..Begin.”
5. To end, the marshal will perform a 5 second countdown and instruct the archers to stop. This is done in the fashion of at 25 seconds states, “5..4..3..2..1..Hold.”
6. If any archer RELEASES an arrow before the “B” of Begin or after the “d” of Hold, their highest scoring arrow will be deducted.
Scoring Shots
1. All official Royal Rounds are performed using standard 60 cm FITA targets.
2. There are 5 scoring zones on each target:
a. Gold- 5 pts.
b. Red- 4 pts.
c. Blue- 3 pts.
d. Black- 2 pts.
e. White- 1 pt.
f. Hitting the target outside the white ring- Good job! You don’t need to hunt for missed arrows.
3. If an arrow hits a line dividing 2 rings:
a. Take the score that a majority of the arrow lands on; marshal’s call.
b. If the arrow lands exactly in the middle of 2 rings, take the higher score; marshal’s call."

Reasoning: The archers of Galandor, and maybe of the Empire, feel that there is still a lot missing from the Imperial Manual of Archery. The main item being a point system where we can base advancement and skill within archery. These items are how Galandor is conducting their archery events and feels that the Empire as a whole can benefit from this structure.

Imperial Proposal #9:
No more than 10% can be knights in the realms.

Proposer: Kevin Kimbrell
Rationale: Wipe out all the rules and start over from scratch???
Baron Sir Paul de Marseilles, KP, KBn, LoE

Gerrit Kendel

Re: Imperial Estates Proposals-Pray Attend!

Postby Gerrit Kendel » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:35 am

Greetings All!

Galandor has been extremely active with archery. We have passed a Kingdom-level archery handbook that is identical to Imperial Estates Item #8. However, after we have discussed, I would like to make a couple minor changes to my item. Please consider these changes by the submitter, or as "Friendly Amendment", whatever the appropriate term is.

- Ranks for Archery
Novice
Archer
Marksman
Bowman
Elite Bowman (changed from Master Bowman)
Master Bowman (changed from Bowman Elite)

The reason for the change was we felt "Master Bowman" should be the top rank, and a true "master".

-Scoring Shots
If an arrow hits a line dividing 2 rings (... the higher score is received)

This changed from a "majority landing" so that it could be more easily understood, and to fall in line with how other archery groups score their arrows world-wide.

If you have any questions on these changes I am making to my item, please let me know.
Viscount Sir Gerrit Kendel, KC, KMn, KA
Companion to the Order of Knight Minister
Order of the Sword of Theseus
Order of the Sovereign's Gratitude
Order of the Rising Sun
Member of The Order of Saint Michael

Return to “General Discussion”