Ostgard dead?

Mynwyn

Re: Ostgard dead?

Postby Mynwyn » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:54 am

I have to agree with HRM Mina. Lifetime member or no, Ostgard left en masse last year. It's easier to start over than to try and pretend to be a kingdom.

Myn

Sir Joseph Ohanlon

Postby Sir Joseph Ohanlon » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:29 pm

I Sir Joseph Ohanlon have not given up my membership to the ECS. I am still a paid lifetime member and resides in Texas. If there is any dought please let me know and I will provide my membership number. We will not be a province of Vega as long as there is at least one lifetime member. If anyone wishes to contact me I can be reached at ohanlon1550@yahoo.com. Let me say once more we will not be a province of Vega.

Sir Joseph

SeamusOg

Postby SeamusOg » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:06 pm

okay check and membership on the way.

When check and membership clears I would request that the imperial estates reinstate my points,peerage and titles maybe add one or two title while they are at it :) .

Then we can discuss kingdom stuff, if anything is left to do?

Og
me happy me hit you with stick

Paul de Marseilles

Postby Paul de Marseilles » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:32 pm

My Lords and Ladies of the Imperial Estates,

I must respectfully agree with Sir O'Hanlon.
It would be a mistake for the Kingdom of Vega to have any involvement of any type associated with the current or former Kingdom of Ostgard or with any game related entity within territory formerly or currently occupied by Kingdom of Ostgard.
Seamus, if you have any questions, drop me a line.

In Service,

Paul de Marseilles
Baron Sir Paul de Marseilles, KP, KBn, LoE

SeamusOg

Postby SeamusOg » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:00 am

Guess what Sir Joseph Ohanlon, I like the idea hell it can be any kingdom as far I care. I have 3-5 members in the wings, if you do recruit or get your old play mates to pay.

If you need to practice steel I am phone call way.

So what is Ostgards PO box address? Website? Email? Practice sites? estates meetings? Who hold any office that a kingdom must have. Who is the king/Queen. When is the crown war. When is the next event.

Og
Last edited by SeamusOg on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sir Joseph Ohanlon

Postby Sir Joseph Ohanlon » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:47 pm

"I know what think of me and it not all true, I can help you or take over it is your choice from this point."

I do not believe you need to issue threats such as this to a Knight of the Empire. I will remind you of your status You are not currently a member thus you are not currently a Knight. I expect to be treated with the respect that I have earned.

Sir Joseph

SeamusOg

Postby SeamusOg » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:56 pm

:oops:

Sir Ian Michael Pact

Postby Sir Ian Michael Pact » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:53 pm

I actually had an idea about the challenge, but since Seamus withdrew his post in a fit of unprecedented tact ;) I'll let sleeping dogs lie.

As a former member of the BoD, it seems to me that before anything about Ostgard can be decided, Mundainia needs to be taken into account.

Thus the question that I have is:

Who is the resident agent of the ECS in Texas?

Once that has been settled, we can start getting into what the L.I. says or doesn't say.

In Service,
Sir Ian Michael Pact
His Grace,
Sir Ian Michael Pact
Earl of the Court of Vega

Valdis

Postby Valdis » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:43 am

Another former BoD member speaking up...

There is precedent for a kingdom being dissolved and returned to it's "parent" kingdom. In '99, Westgard had 9 paid members, and was returned to Vega due to low membership.

The difference in this case is that Ostgard has been grandfathered in as having permanent kingdom status, but is a kingdom of one practical?

And no, I'm not suggesting that Ostgard be made part of Vega - that makes absolutely no sense, either from a historical standpoint or a political one. If the decision is made by the BoD and the IE to dissolve Ostgard, it should return to Galandor.

SeamusOg

Postby SeamusOg » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:29 am

Yes, I withdrew the dual it not time for harsh ideas or words. There has to be a better way. Since There will be 2 knights may be a 10-25 mile zone or by city that we are in charge of for Kingdom/Empire run kinda like a metro chapter up to ?????. Until which time there is X number of people then move to the next level till it can be come a full blow kingdom with all rights and dues.

There idea is as knight you help the land around you for the Kingdom but under Imperil rule till such time as it is a kingdom again. That way we are not under said hated kingdom of Vega.

Thoughts.
I wish it would be trail by combat but the ECS is not the SCA in that way. I know it was built to have the voices of the masses to be heard.
I can't see how you can this a kingdom other than in name only.
Og the Guard

ps I am also x-B.O.D.
Last edited by SeamusOg on Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”