Ostgard dead?

padraig

Re: Ostgard dead?

Postby padraig » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:40 pm

Well, just out of curiosity, I went looking for Ostgard to see what was going on...I found a web page...circa 1998. *laments*

I remember back in 95 four of us going to assemblages every Saturday at the park, sometimes no one at all other then us showing up, sometimes a few people in the park to relax or play football/soccer/baseball would roam over to see what the funny dressed people hitting each other with sticks were up to...Some became members, some didnt. I remember one fellow walking up and asking us what we were doing...I explained, in so many words, that we were a renaissance and medieval reneactment group. He looked at me squarely and asked, 'Why would you want to be in the middle of all that evil?' Over time we grew, holding events with Drakkenmor, who was at the time a part of Vega...Soon Siegfried Von Lubeck was crowned our first king...

After a couple years I moved away from texas notoriously but via the internet kept tabs on things, just to see who had ascended the throne, what events were being held, who succeeded me as Constable (our Minister of Arms.) Its been quite a few years since I had looked in and I have to say Im surprised to see it largely dissolved. It is enheartening to see there are still those loyal to the land, unwilling to see it absorbed.

SeamusOg

Postby SeamusOg » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:39 pm

Well if ever have the time to come to Plano area I have a small group up here that meets on some Sundays. I 'll start a armory when it warms up a bit. It is mostly Boyscout fathers . You guys are welcome come if you ever feel the need to fight. We brew and shoot archery in the warmer months.

Sir Seamus Og
me happy me hit you with stick

Snaebjorn Haraldsson

Postby Snaebjorn Haraldsson » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:15 pm

Chello!

Anything more organized?
"Meanwhile, the axe-wielding barbarians...in their ardour of battle...advanced too quickly...burning to engage with the equally brave Franks..."
Anna Comnena, The Alexiad

SeamusOg

Postby SeamusOg » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:51 pm

no
me happy me hit you with stick

Return to “General Discussion”