Territiory Division Agenda Item

DameKyrie

Territiory Division Agenda Item

Postby DameKyrie » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:29 pm

Sorry this has taken so long but thought we should try to get the discussions started. Jayde & I will be working on this issue so if you have any questions please let us know. The discussions at the Imperial Estates Meeting helped us realize that this is an important issue but needs to be broken in to smaller items and take a few steps at a time. First part I think should probably just be on the basic numbers required for each division. The current numbers are:

King or Queen-Sovereign Crown of a Kingdom, defined as at least 125 paid members

Prince or Princess – Subject Crown of a Principality, defined as a geographically specific region within a Kingdom as defined by the Crown
Estates of that Kingdom and containing at least 75 paid members over and above the numbers needed to maintain a Kingdom.

Duke or Duchess -Ruler of a Duchy, which is defined as a geographically distinct region within a Kingdom or Principality containing at least 50 paid
member.

Marquis or Marquessa - Ruler of a March, defined as a geographically distinct Territory within the boundaries of a Kingdom (as defined by the imperial estates) and consisting of at least 25 paid members.

I don't think we need to do anything with the Metro Chapters as they are only 5 members.

I would like to start getting the populaces opinion on these and see if we can put together a workable solution to this.

In Service
Baroness Dame Kyrie McKay
Terra Norte

Mynwyn

Re: Territiory Division Agenda Item

Postby Mynwyn » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:29 am

Personally, I'd like to see 75 for Kingdom, around 25-30 for Duchy and say 15-20 for Marquisette. I'm not too sure about those last two, but I do like the number for the Kingdom.

Myn

Valdis

Postby Valdis » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:32 am

I like those numbers, Myn. I think they're big enough to have a bit of self-sustenance, which is a big problem with smaller groups, and I think that is extremely important with groups of that political strength.

DameKyrie

Postby DameKyrie » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Are you both then thinking that a Principality would be 50? I do like the other numbers and think they are more in line with what is doeable and the important part is we need to get the numbers to a point that can be substained.

Dame Kyrie

Valdis

Postby Valdis » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:03 am

If a duchy settles at 30 members, I would think 50 would be appropriate for a principality.

Mynwyn

Postby Mynwyn » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:48 pm

That's my thought. I fixed the Principality number based on what I thought was best for Kingdom and Duchy. It kinda had to fit logically between. :D

Myn

DameKyrie

Postby DameKyrie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:34 pm

Yes, I think those numbers will be just fine and will craft the item for submission in August. Do we want to see if this will pass first and then if needed work on the other portion regarding the knights and years of formation.

Dame Kyrie

daenadel

Postby daenadel » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Cha Cha Changes David Bowie, I like the way this is headed and agree to the latest posting with a resounding Hazza! , Much Enthusiasm in seeing this move forward. in service Lord Sir Dae Nadel Von Wehrmacht

lassidor

Postby lassidor » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:33 pm

I think we should also consider taking principalities back to being sovereign territories with their current small voting block on the imperial estates. Thoughts?
Duke Sir Lassidor Vandolini, KC, BOD treasurer, Imperial Exchequer, Defiance member, BoC of the Kingdom of Vega

Mynwyn

Postby Mynwyn » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:57 pm

I'm personally not sure what you mean by that, Lassidor. Could you clarify? Thanks.

As for the other, I think we should deal with the numbers separately. I like the thing as it stands, but we should publish this around and get as broad a consensus as we can before we make a final decision.

Myn

Return to “General Discussion”